Wednesday, October 20, 2004

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!

I remember another time when Mom and Dad were gone and I was bored. I found those little beads of sugar in the cupboard. They were the ones that look like little silver BBs. I decided to try and shoot some out of my BB gun.

I had the ultimate BB gun. It wasn’t one of those pump BB guns that could almost have the power of a .22 rifle, but it was a wonderful gun. It was a Red Ryder BB gun. Yes, like the one in “Christmas Story”. By the way, I love that movie.

I figured out that you had to cock the lever and then drop one of the sugar BBs down the barrel to be able to shoot it without it becoming powder inside the gun. When I shot something outside, the sugar would stick to whatever I had shot.

I went into the living room where my bold brother was watching TV. I’m not sure if it was an accident or on purpose, but I shot the TV. I almost had a heart attack, because there on the screen was a spidery circle. I had seen such a spidery circle before on any window or piece of glass that had ever been shot by a BB gun. My life passed before my eyes so fast, that I forgot every moment. I knew my life much less my party was over!

I moaned as I approached the TV set. I slowly reached out my hand to touch the circle that would be seen by my parents and bring about my death. I was gingerly going to touch it, because I just couldn’t believe my eyes.

Sugar fell to the floor. I rubbed at the circle, and it all rubbed off leaving an undamaged TV screen. I about howled with relief, and then I laughed. I put the sugar BBs away, but I began to think of useful ways to use my newfound knowledge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home