Saturday, November 13, 2004

A Secret Place

You may be shocked to hear that I have a lover. This morning, I was enticed into the woods near my house. When we were alone, I was told all that I have written below.

Shhh. Listen to the wind and trees sing together. (I stood very still and very near to hear the song.)

I show you my beauty, so you’ll come to me. I want you to take joy and nourishment from the sight of me and desire me.

Embrace me, admire me, and worship me. My beauty will bring you life and healing.

Come away and be with me alone that I might embrace and satisfy you. My spirit is the wind and the song in the trees. We will laugh and play, love and be satisfied.

I will cling to you when you turn to go, because I could hold you close to me for as long as you wished. I will make with you such a memory as to capture your heart and forever draw you back to me.

I am haunted by the memory. Those words are in my heart. Jesus, lover of my soul.

It was the Lord. I am sorry for you if you feel tricked into believing something tawdry, but I had to try and make you understand the basis of a relationship with Jesus.

Oh, that’s not scriptural! Oh yeah? Read Song of Solomon 2:13 and 14.

He doesn’t just have affection for your heart. He is and wants to be your spiritual lover. After all, you’re engaged! You are the bride of Christ. What do you think that party in heaven’s going to be about? It’s your wedding reception, baby!

When was the last time you slipped off with the Lover of your soul? Has your heart turned cold and lost sight of the beauty and mystery of God? Your heart can die and leave you with merely a compulsion to follow the rules. You could be much like what Jesus accused the Pharisees of being.

Look into your heart. Revive its youth and remember the joy and excitement of Love. The Lover of your soul may have been trying to get your attention for a long time, but he is patience and his love for you is as intense as youth itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home